Saturday, June 23, 2012

Life is a Journey...What Fuels Yours?



The lyrics are what I like best about this song.  It's a bit more hip-hop than my typical genre of choice but I keep coming back to it because of the words.

In the crossroads of life, the direction I take is from Him alone.

Typically, these choices are not the popular ones.

Good thing my motivation isn't to please man.

Recently I've been reminded multiple times of milestones in my life.  A facet of each one brings me back to Romans 14.  Individuality.  Personal responsibility.  Choices.  Consequences.  To summarize - we are different - there are similarities, but each of us is wonderfully complex at the same time.  The key to what should be linking us together is the heart or core of the 'what' and 'why' in life.

There are those who would be more comfortable with what I'll call 'cookie cutter' people.  All the same.  No surprises.  Unfortunately (for those with this affinity) this wasn't even the heart or intent of our Creator.

So...what do you choose when you're at a crossroads?  Does the facade of control pull your heartstrings or are you able to release that control and allow Him to take the lead...wherever it may go?

This might be what you feel is before you...


...and when I feel that way, this is what I look for...



So let's agree to use all our energy in getting along with each other.  Help others with encouraging words; don't drag them down by finding fault.  You're certainly not going to permit an argument over what is served or not served at supper to wreck God's work among you, are you?  I said it before and I'll say it again:  All food is good, but it can turn bad if you use it badly, if you use it to trip others up and send them sprawling.  When you sit down to a meal, your primary concern should not be to feed your own face but to share the life of Jesus.  So be sensitive and courteous to the others who are eating.  Don't eat or say or do things that might interfere with the free exchange of love...If the way you live isn't consistent with what you believe, then it's wrong.  Romans 14: 19-21, 23 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment