Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Life and its Complexities




Life.  If we knew what would be on the journey before us, would we go?

Talents. Gifts. Abilities. Calling. When you step into it - if no one has told you before - it's pretty much a guarantee that there will be a battle.  Isn't that something to look forward to?!

Choices. They aren't always easy or obvious.  Discernment is key. And there are little eyes and hearts always watching...always learning...and often repeating.

It sometimes feels like it would be easier to throw my hands up and just stop caring.  But that would mean that I would be choosing to live a lie. I can't do that.  Because I do care. My heart is filled with both love and compassion.  The difficulty is navigating through all the - let's just call it 'junk' - knowing that the choices I make are not just for me.  My boys are watching and learning - even without a full understanding of what is really going on.

I have thought about NOT rising above the circumstances, getting on the same level as the attacker(s) and doing my darnedest to dish back whatever is dared to be thrown my / our way and then some.  I could even justify my reasoning for it.

But that is the old me.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not a doormat.  You aren't going to get away with attempting to steamroll over me or my family.  I've just learned to listen to Him and then respond in His timing and how He wants me to.

He reminded me of two scriptures that I've read in the last week. The first is found in Exodus 14.

God will fight the battle for you,
And you? You keep your mouths shut!

The second is found in John 14

You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, 
and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. 
As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment