Sunday, April 7, 2013

Meals at a Glance: Week Four

Taco Salad.  This is a family favorite.  Lots of veggies too!

Drunken Burgers (Rachael Ray recipe from her Book of Burger cook book) enjoyed with crispy crowns and a veggie side / salad. There isn't a link for this recipe but maybe you'll decide to invest in the cook book.

Chicken Apricot Paninis with fruit and cold veggies.  I'm thinking I might make my favorite spinach salad with fruit and poppy seed dressing.  The panini recipe is from the Pioneer Woman Cooks cook book.  Easy.  Delicious.  Definitely a family favorite.  The kiddos don't like the sage and onion so we delete that from their sandwiches.  If you haven't heard of The Pioneer Woman, you need to follow this link and check her out.  She has many amazing recipes that your family is sure to enjoy!

Toasted Ravioli (Rachael Ray recipe from the 2468 cook book) with a steamed veggie, bread and seasoned oil.

Quesadillas - I'm going to try the Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe - with fresh fruit, salsa, chips and veggies. The Pioneer Woman has multipe ideas for quesadillas.  If you don't like this one, check out her site for the many options she suggests.

This week we also celebrate Barber's birthday so that is a special night out with the family.

Of course we will also enjoy the Campbell Buffet one evening as well.  Those of you that are new to how we roll...that also means leftovers.  It just sounds nicer to call it a 'buffet'.

Recipe this week?  I was trying to decide what to do.  I make my own Taco Seasoning now so I thought I would give you that.

Taco Seasoning Mix

1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup onion powder
2 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs paprika
1 Tbs sea salt

Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar.  Shake before you use.  My mix is stored in a mason jar with a label that reminds me to use 3 Tbs per pound of ground meat.  Oh - and I add about 1/2 cup water for each pound of meat.  Simmer for about 5 minutes or until it thickens a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment