Sunday, March 31, 2013

Meals at a Glance: Week Three

Happy Easter everyone.  Hope you are all enjoying celebrating with your family!  You may be enjoying ham or turkey.  Our tradition is to have leg of lamb.

So how does your meal plan look after this? It might look something like this...

Sloppy Hot Wing Joes with smashed potato skins and veggie (Rachael Ray recipe in her orange cook book)

Chicken Parm Pizza (Rachael Ray recipe from her 2468 cook book).  My family really likes this.  I'll pair it with some veggie sticks and dip or a salad.

Croque Monsieurs (Rachael Ray recipe found in the May 2012 issue of her EveryDay magazine).  We'll add cold veggie sticks with apple slices.

Tilapia with rice and sauteed green beans.  My favorite and super easy recipe for tilapia is included in this post.  Yum!

Chicken Quesadilla Pinwheels (Rachael Ray recipe from the 2468 cook book)

What would my family eat without Rachael Ray?  Don't make me answer that.  I will say that it wouldn't be as good and my stress level would be much higher!


Tilapia

This recipe could also work with other whitefish similar to tilapia.

1 cup sliced almonds, divided (you can also use chopped pecans)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs olive oil

Finely chop 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor.  (I use my magic bullet for this) and combine with the flour in a shallow bowl

Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and coat with almond mixture

Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add fish and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden.  Remove fillets to a serving plate.

Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds (pecans are really good too!) to skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden (approximately one minute).  Remove almonds and sprinkle over fish.

The response from Barber the first time I served this was "Mom!  This is so good! I think we should eat this EVERY night!"

We haven't but it's so nice when you are trying new foods and recipes to gain such a positive response from your family.

I would love to hear how your kiddos are responding to your new recipes.  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment