Monday, April 2, 2012

Awake & Alive

This weekend officially kicked off our spring soccer season.  Jeter's game was home but Barber's was away...1-1/2 hours away.  That is a lot of driving for an hour game but it is truly so enjoyable to watch and cheer for my little guy and his team.  They have grown so much since last season.

We spent a better part of the trip listening to Skillet's Awake and Alive CD.  I don't think my parents would have ever listened to this music with me.  There are times when I wouldn't mind a break and maybe listen to some Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz.  Julie Meyer or Desperation Band would be nice too.  Even Jesus Culture.  But we were on our way to a soccer game and I'd rather Barber get pumped up to some positive lyrics.  So Skillet it is.  Turns out I might become a Skillet fan before the end of the season.  The boys would be thrilled.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment