Friday, March 9, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Mini Meatloaves

1-1/2 lbs meatloaf mix
1-1/2 cups chopped leftover roasted vegetables
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
1/3 cup tomato-based chili sauce (I use Heinz)
4 strips bacon, halved crosswise

Mix meat, vegetables and eggs; season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Form into 4 oval loaves and place on foil-lined baking sheet.
Top each with some chili sauce and 2 crisscrossed strips bacon.

Bake at 425 until cooked through - 20-25 minutes.

I made a total of 8 mini meatloafs - the boys did not have the roasted veggies in  theirs.

YUM - I cannot believe I am going to admit that I like meatloaf...this kind anyway.

If you haven't guessed - it's another Rachael Ray recipe.  Her cookbooks, website, and magazines give such an array of recipes.  There is just ALWAYS something new to try.  Barber didn't want his bacon and Jeter gladly accepted the offering.  Other than that, they enjoyed it.  For me, the fact that it doesn't look like a rectangular slice of something make it more palatable.

Just think - this could be your dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment