Friday, March 2, 2012

Inside-Out Pizza-dilla Margerita

You got it...another Rachael Ray recipe.  This one can be found in her Express Lane Meals cookbook.  Most of the ingredients are probably already in your home - except maybe the smoked mozzarella cheese and the fresh basil.

I loved the ease of the preparation as well as the reward of how good it tasted.  It's always a plus when everyone else enjoys it too.  It reminds me of a quesadilla which can easily be adapted to your families likes / tastes.

Want to try this recipe yourself?  This is what you will need...

1 Tbs EVOO
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pinches red pepper flakes
1 15-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
1/4 tsp dried oregano
salt and black pepper
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 lb ball smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh basil - about 20 leaves, torn or shredded


Slicing the cheese - this took me the most amount of time.

Doesn't this sauce look delish?

One pizza-dilla cooking away.

Close up of the yumminess.

Due to cooking one at a time, I placed a tray in the oven on warm and then kept the completed pizza-dillas on that tray until they were all complete.  They cook quickly enough that it doesn't take too long.  

How would you adapt this?  What kind of -dilla would you create?

2 comments:

  1. I have made these before - but I used regular mozz cheese, b/c that is what I had in the house. They were good, but for me, it could not be the only thing that was served at dinner...it is more of a side dish. Very tasty though - and maybe I should try it with the smoked mozz cheese - I am sure that it make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could totally work as a side dish but served our family as dinner. In fact, we had leftovers! They were so filling, I couldn't even finish a whole one myself!

    ReplyDelete