Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Green Cleaning...Personalized

One of my favorite cleaning products is Shaklee's Basic H2.  There are many reasons.  It is versatile - I can use the same concentrate to create quality window / mirror cleaners, all purpose cleaners and even a degreaser (this is my absolute favorite).  This difference is how much of the concentrate is added to 16 ounces of water - a few drops up to 1-1/2 tsp.
Shaklee Basic H2 Concentrate

As I said, my favorite is the degreaser (16 oz water with 1-1/2 tsp Basic H2 concentrate) and I use that on my countertops, appliances, floors (in a pinch it is a great cleaner to spray on the floor and then wipe with a microfiber cloth), showers, sinks, etc.  It is definitely my go-to cleaner.

The one downside for me is the fact that there is no odor.  I don't want a toxic odor - I'm using these products because I want to limit the toxins in our home - but I like to have a fresh clean scent.

Enter essential oils.

I add 3-5 drops to my cleaner and give a little shake.  My personal favorite is lavender.  I do however us tea tree for the bathrooms - it is naturally antiseptic.  If you choose to try the tea tree, I would suggest going with 2-3 drops to start because it is quite pungent.

How come I didn't do this sooner?  Honestly, I didn't really think about it.  But now that I have, I can't imagine not incorporating this into my daily life!  My cleaning is still 'green' - it's just a bit more personalized now.

What's one of your favorite cleaning tips or tricks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment