Friday, January 13, 2012

Building Blocks

Building blocks can be likened to your ABC's or 123's.  How about when it comes to cooking?  Are there basics to know there?

I've done the freezer cooking thing but didn't like some of the limitations and feeling like there was a lack of "freshly" made food on our table. The time saved and the lack of fast food made it worthwhile but I wasn't running to do it again.  Then EveryDay with Rachael Ray came out with a plan to make enough meals for a month.  She combined the concepts of freezer cooking with freshness and I knew I had to try this.

How is it accomplished?  Building blocks - 5 of them to be exact.  Pork, tomato sauce, veggies, chicken and rice.  Ingredients that ultimately could turn into 20 different meals.  How to get 20 different meals from 5 items?  The key is what is added.  This is what gives it the "fresh" that I was yearning.  Fresh greens, cheeses, pasta, spices, etc individualized the meal.

Easy and fresh...I couldn't wait to try this.  You're salivating at the concept as well, aren't you?

Think you can't do it or you don't have enough space in your freezer?  Then stay posted.  I have pictures and tales to tell about the building blocks and even of the meals that follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment