Sunday, March 17, 2013

Meals at a Glance: Week One

Soccer season officially began last week.  This spring we will be at the field every day except Friday and Sunday.  My sanity - really the preservation of it - required me to create a meal plan.  I didn't get the entire season covered yet but I do have the next eight weeks which makes me breathe much easier.

You may find yourself in a similar situation this spring.  Maybe you are tired of the same old recipes and just want some new ideas.  Whatever the reason, I've had quite a few people request a copy of my meal plan.  I really do not mind sharing - I've already done the work.  Why not allow many to benefit.  Besides, I'm sharing the plan...that doesn't mean I have to shop or cook for ALL of you!

Anyway - I plan to do a weekly posting here at the ole blog.  

Meals at a Glance: Week One

Chicken Enchiladas - I have my own recipe.  Maybe you have one too.  If not, there are many recipes available online. Just google it.  Or bing it.  Or you can use mine down below.  Actually, I got it from an amazing lady at our church.

Herbacious Burgers  (Rachael Ray recipe - this link may not be the same as mine but it sounds really yum.  I used a recipe from her Book of Burger cook book) with roasted potatoes and broccoli.  My favorite roasted potatoes recipe is on an old blog - Created & Called.

Pot Roast, egg noodles and veggie (your choice).  The original posting of the pot roast recipe was also placed on the Created & Called blog.  Super easy and it tastes good too.

Saucy BBQ Chicken Sammies (another Rachael Ray recipe - mine is from her 365 cook book but I found one online that you could use if you don't have that cook book) paired with apple sauce and salad.

Spaghetti & Meatballs with veggie, bread and seasoned oil.

We always have at least one night of leftovers aka Campbell Buffet and we happen to have a one-day tournament this week.  I am not going to even attempt to plan a meal for that evening.

Hope you all have a yummy week.  Please feel free to comment and tell me about meals that you have planned this week.

Chicken Enchiladas

1 Rotisserie Chicken - pull meat into strips - about 3 to 3-1/2 cups
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
dash black pepper
6 large flour tortillas
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Mexican Four Cheese (I use more)
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 Tbs green chilies, chopped

Sauce: 1 can cream of chicken soup, 3/4 cup water and 1-10oz can enchilada sauce

To the chicken meat, add salt, garlic powder, ground cumin and black pepper. Toss to distribute evenly.

Whisk together the ingredients of the sauce and add 1/2 cup of the mixture to the chicken.

Put about 1/2 cup chicken in each tortilla and roll up.  Place in a 9x13 baking dish.

Pour the rest of the sauce evenly over the enchiladas.  Top with 1/2 cup cheese, black olives, green onions and chilies.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, take out of oven and sprinkle more cheese on top.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment